Just finished Corned Beef & Cabbage made in the Traeger! It came out GREAT!! Recipe on Traeger website.
Traeger CORNED BEEF AND CABBAGE
DIFFICULTY 1/5 PREP TIME 20 MINS COOK TIME 5 HRS SERVES 8 – 12 HARDWOOD MESQUITE
Corned beef brisket is roasted until tender, accompanied by cabbage, carrots, and potatoes for an Irish-American dish sure to give you luck.
* 1 (3 TO 5 LB) CORNED BEEF BRISKET (FLAT CUT IF THEY HAVE IT)
* 1 HEAD CABBAGE, CUT IN WEDGES
* 2 CUPS BABY CARROTS
* 2 CUPS CHICKEN STOCK
* 1 (12OZ) CAN DARK BEER
* 1 STICK BUTTER, CUT IN SLICES
* 1/4 TSP GARLIC SALT
* 2 TBSP FRESH DILL, CHOPPED
* 3 POUNDS BABY RED POTATOES, BOILED
1. When ready to cook, start the Traeger grill on smoke with lid open until fire is established (4 to 5 Minutes). Set the temperature to 350 degrees F and preheat, lid closed, for 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Rinse off roast with cold water and pat dry. Trim excess fat. Place in a roasting pan. Sprinkle seasoning packet on top. Pour chicken stock and dark beer over the roast and into the pan.
3. Cover with foil and place on grill. Cook for 4 to 5 hours until beef starts to get fork tender.
4. Take off foil and add cabbage, carrots and boiled potatoes to the roasting pan. Cover meat and veggies with fresh dill, garlic salt and butter slices.
5. Recover with foil and cook for another 45 minutes or until carrots are just tender.
6. Remove veggies from the pan to a bowl or serving platter. Slice beef and serve with potatoes, cabbage and carrots. Enjoy!